BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2012 Review – Is BitDefender Any Good?
BitDefender antivirus 2012 is the most recent version in the Romanian-based security software firm Softwin. It was launched back in 2001 and has rapidly become one of the major antivirus programs in the business. It’s in its 15th build version and contains several protection and functionality enhancements such as Lookup Adviser and Performance Optimiser. BitDefender is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems along with the costs and features for the two versions are similar.
And a few of the most obvious features are anti-virus, anti-phishing, rapid scan, and antivirus protection. There are lots of advantages in BitDefender and online reviews demonstrate that it’s among the best antivirus programs. It’s been rated by Top Ten Reviews and they’ve given it a gold rating, beating apps like Kaspersky and Panda antivirus. Nevertheless, in our survey for”Best antivirus for Windows” at Best Buy antivirus, BitDefender took second place to Kaspersky.
And this isn’t really surprising considering the efficacy and functionality of Kaspersky and its increasing popularity among PC users. Tests carried out by top test labs such as AV evaluation and Virus Bulletin speed BitDefender very favorably. It’s the only antivirus software to get a 100% defense score on Windows XP because of its powerful protection against viruses. And it has also obtained a 100% score on Windows 7 and Kaspersky received the exact same score too.
There are pros and cons associated with BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2012 and you should be aware of these before downloading:
1. It’s available as boxed software and online download.
2. It’s anti-spyware and anti-phishing protection that other standalone antivirus programs do not have.
3. It’s an autopilot feature that makes security-related decisions without prompting you for answers.
4. You won’t need to configure anything and there are no alarms and no pop-ups
5. It also protects against Social Networking threats and monitors privacy preferences on Facebook, Twitter, and other similar websites
6. It’s a free credit monitoring service in America which alerts you if it finds changes to your credit report
7. BitDefender has the rescue style feature which puts your PC in a safe environment should tragedy strike, like a rootkit breach attack
8. It’s the gamer style feature which turns off interruptions when you are playing a game or watching a movie in full-screen mode
9. BitDefender has a notebook mode which saves your battery resources once your laptop is unplugged.